Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fateful

Galley Girl here, and I am reviewing Fateful by Claudia Gray.
This book is a rendition of the Titanic with a twist: werewolves. This book left me on the edge of my seat and on the verge of tears throughout the entire novel it was so good. It blends all of the best elements for a young adult novel that catches people's attention: suspense, thrills, paranormal creatures, and a forbidden romance. Tess is a maid for a rich, English family during the early 1900s, the Lisles. The Lisles have decided to go from England to the U.S. and are taking Tess with them. Then Tess meets Alec, a rich first-class character, and she falls in love with him. She finds out about werewolves and things slowly go downhill from there.
I loved this book so much, it had a strong voice to it and I wasn't able to put it down. It reminded me of the movie, the love between Jack and Rose, except switched around and with werewolves. And the Lisles are the only ones that don't like it. I must've cried at least twice during the book and it really gave you a piece of fictitious history. I think the author enjoyed writing this novel, because you can tell from the entire of the book. I really liked Tess. She is a strong character and she really cares for the people she loves and never backs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment